Thursday, August 11, 2011

3 months in Transition

Hello beautiful people thank you for stopping by my blog and all your support in advance as I embark on this journey to natural hair!!

I have been wanting to go natural for sometime now mainly because I want something new. My relaxed hair was already thick, people would ask me if I was natural so why not do it. I have never really known my natural hair because I got my first relaxer in like the 2nd or 3rd grade SMH!! But my mother had no idea how to manage my hair not to mention I was extremely tender headed. But I am excited to learn and embrace it.

My relaxed hair was healthy but I could never get it to grow past my shoulders and when I got to college I wasn't taking care of it the way I should so it started to break off and I got it cut into a short bob. So I thought to myself this would be the perfect time to go natural since this is the shortest my hair has ever been. And I am starting my senior year of college so I feel more confident to start the journey now!!

I got my last relaxer MAY 24 2011
I got a sew-in June 15 2011
Got it redone July 16 2011
I took my sew-in out today. I shampooed and conditioned and I have pics of the results below

2 1/2 months 11 weeks of transition:

After shampoo

 With Conditioner



 Air Dry No blowdry
I will be getting a Blowout on Tuesday and will be sure to post pics!!
I am looking for advice on good products for natural hair so please leave a comment about any products as well as any other advice!!!

Thanks for joining me as I start my journey to natural hair :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment